This Friday for Americas is Black Friday. But in Japan, it is Labor Day.
I have a video of me making mochi, from REAL steamed rice.
But it is too big to upload, SORRY GUYS, i will upload it when i get back to michigan!
I volunteered at a festival and made mochi all day XD
---
Here are some pics.
After the rice is pounded and made into mochi (rice cake),
we cover it with flour and make its shape.
The first tries were horrible.
But after some practice, i made really pretty shapes XD
This is an Osaka dish.
Me and Bri - DUAL mochi maker!
HEHEHEHHEHEHE SO CUTE
STEP ONE
STEP TWO
I had a lot of fun, and the women asked me to help them out again in new years XD

1 comment:
looks like you're havin lots of fun!
my harabujee likes mochi. esp the ones with red beans in them! i havent been to your blog in a while. that one half jap and half french chick is so pretty! i'm jealous, lol. i hope you're holdin up alright, and good luck with your studying! see you soon yacee ng!
Post a Comment