Saturday, November 10, 2007

JAFS: Halo Halo F-Lunch 11/02/07

The Japanese Asian Friendship Society had invited me on Friday, Nov. 2nd, 2007
to talk in detail about the melting pot of America (diversity, etc.).
After we ate, I lectured a great deal. I wanted to tell them not only positive things in America,
but also the Negative things that are everywhere in America.
I also compared Japan and America in many ways.

The tallest guy in the picture is actually from Chile.
He was an EXCELLENT translator!
However, everything he translated (from my words), I understood everything.
It was like, 'why didn't I just say it in Japanese?'

Anyways, I was paid 6 bucks for transportation, and they gave me an extra 10 bucks!
Afterwards, Pahnee (the woman next to me in green) went to Starbucks right next door.
We talked a lot, and talked for 2-3 hours straight!
She is married to a Japanese man, and has been for 7 years.
She told me many of her stories and encounters.
And it really related to me.. and I saw how even a woman who is married to a diff. culture
becomes. She is a wonderful woman. And I am so happy to meet all these wonderful people!!!


CLICK TO ENLARGE





No comments: