Thursday, September 13, 2007

MY HOME!!!

PART 1 of my home in Nagahara, Hirano-ku, OSAKA!!!!!!!

This is the welcome sign they made for me when we first met at the airport!!
So cuteeeee, they spelled "welcome" wrong hehee. Whenever I look at this sign it reminds me of Jihee, because she would do something like this, rofl.

This is my room. It is actually the oldest child (Mitsuru who is now in America through YFU).
I was really surprised how big my room was!!!! I thought because of Osaka, I was going to be in a 6 by 4 room. hehe XD I am really lucky!




The tatami rooms are connected. In Japan, there is no vents in every room like in America for air conditioning (same thing in Korea). There is like a airconditioner machine. In Osaka especially, it is really hot, so we all sleep in one room.

The Shinohara family has four children, so if you can see, the tatami doors got ripped, lol cute.

To be honest, I prefer sleeping in a tatami room (on the floor) than on a bed.
It straightens out my body somehow.


This is the living room. Everywhere is wooden floors, no carpet.

This is the bathroom without the toilet (toilet is in separte room) with the laundry room and shower/bath room that is connected. (yer saying "HUH?!) haha

This is a Japanese style shower. The rectangle shaped with buttons on the right corner above the bath, that is to turn on the sink and bath water for it to be hot. If you don't turn it on, then you will be showering in cold water. Yeah, I didn't know until two times after I showered in cold water. First week, I showered after the family at night time.. so they left the button on. Then I got lazy and showered in the morning, so (obviously they turned it off), I was thinking "maybe only hot water is available at night" LOL!... So finally I asked and I had to press that button, hahaha.

In the middle there are two silver handles. The left one is to control the temperture. 40 C is JUST perfect.. but I go really high (45 C). The right one is if you turn it all the way the the left then water wil come out through the shower, but if you turn it all the way to the right, water comes out underneath it. In Japanese baths, there are mirrors EVERYWHERE!

Btw, you sit on the pink stool and shower.
I think it is more easier to shower than standing up.

This is what a Japanese washer machine looks like.
It is actually very easy to perform.
Japanese people dries their clothes outside.
The thing that is so great about this machine, is that it soaks out literally ALL the water out from the clothes.. so when you put it out to dry outside, it dries in no time!
But if I did that at home.. It takes like 1 and half days to dry!!!

As you can tell, the tub is VERY small.

My family uses the washer machine A LOT. Because there are a lot of clothes due to the number of people in this family.

Part 2 will be uploading sooooooooooooooooooon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey boo~
omg your uniforms are soooo cute!
i miss you yacee ng.
anyways you have a pretty nice crib.
are all houses like that in japan?
anyways, hope you're doing well in school!
fighting!~

Ya Cee said...

Pearl!!!
Yes.. our uniforms are cute.
But like 70% of the school are girls!!! In regular public schools, it is 50%girls 50% boys.
But this school is a bit different.
No.. lol not all houses are like this. Ill take pictures of Osaka-japan's houses soon!!!
I miss you Pearl!! I hope you are doing good in school. Don't give up!!! And dont eat toooo much noodles or potbellys, haha.
Missing ya gurl!