Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Pasta, Concert, 2 Korean Exchange Students

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2007!

At 5pm, I met Sensei (teacher) in front of JR ticket. Apparently, she lives in Tennoji, 5 mins away. We went to Mio Department, on the 10th floor and ate in the spaghetti house next to the Korean Restaurant that I ate with Ai-chan (Thailand girl). She paid for my dinner!! Soo nice!!
I ate spaghetti that was green, it was pretty good! =)

Afterwards, I paid my train ticket to our destination. We met the exchange students in one of the JR Platforms. They were both guys, Eunho and Jungmin.. I think...! 18 and 19 year olds (in korean age, so minus a year for reg. so really they are 17 and 18). In the train, the little one grabbed onto me cause I had nothing to hold on to (we were in rush hour, so lots of people), and I just kinda freaked out and was so shocked! Because in Japanese culture, that does not happen...lol. For some reason, at that time I felt so Japanese. The big one's English was really good, pronounciation and speed! I was really surprised.

So we arrived at the station of our destination, and I saw Baskin Robbins...
.. first time I saw Baskin Robbins in Japan. So yeah, I freaked out, and then my teacher said we can go and get ice cream before the concert! I was so happy!!! So yeah, in Japan, you can get a Variety Pack. It is like, you pick 8 different kinds of ice cream, and you get a scoop of each. I am not sure if this is available in U.S. or not, but it was new to me!

Finally we reached the Culture Center after asking a lot of people where the place was..
Tonight's event had two parts. For two hours there was a famous actor who played in a very famous movie called Pachigi. He kept on talking and talking. The place had a really really huge theater. And I turned around and looked around, and everybody was sleeping!! lol!

Finally, the concert came. Tomoe Sawa is half Japanese, half Korean and was raised in Japan, Korea, and America. During the concert, she revealed that she is 7 months pregnant. Her powerful pianism and singing together was sooo awesome. I was so moved!!
I was so happy I was able to go to this concert and talk show!
I went for free hehe!
I will never forgot this concert!

Thanks sensei!!

No comments: